As the business landscape is changing, a need is being felt to have a fresh look at the leadership model. The objective of Leadership Care and Growth is to have a common understanding of what leadership means to us as a Group. Schuitema has a unique Leadership model which is based on decades of primary research. The model has been taught at Cambridge University, applied across a diverse range of organizations in 22 countries and the subject of numerous academic research.
The model guides us on how business leaders should act to solicit trust and commitment.
• Challenges the traditional definition of leadership – ‘getting work done through people’. This model flips the coin and makes us realize that the role of leadership is to ‘get people done through work’. The focus of leadership is therefore all about people.
• Legitimate leadership.
• The criteria of Means, Abilities, Empowerment and Accountability.
• The relationship of Power.
• Consequences of misalignment.
• An understanding of the core issues related to willingness at the
workplace (need to work vs want to work).